Position Ref: TAIC0718BW
August 5, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is seeking a full time Technical Author to support our Media teams. The position is available at our offices based in Staffordshire.
As a Technical Author in the department you will work in the Media Support and Development team to support new and ongoing projects related to the Media area of the business. This will mean working with our multilingual Sports and Gaming publishing teams to ensure that all of our processes and procedures are consistently and correctly documented. You will also get involved in creating requirements and specification documents for improvements and changes in this area.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who wish to get involved with the teams that create and manage our websites and communicate with our customers and ensure that we have access to the correct information to carry out our jobs more effectively. The successful applicant will gain an invaluable insight into this key area of the operation.
Ideal candidates will be able to clearly articulate complex ideas both verbally and in writing, thrive under pressure and be able to make sound, logical decisions. The role will involve working with a range of departments within the Sports Services – Media team, so you must have the confidence and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of staff, including Senior Management.
• Creating and maintaining bet365 Media policy and process documents.
• Producing internal overview documents/fact sheets.
• Translating complex technical requirements into operational resources.
• Ensuring all documents remain consistent and are stored correctly.
• Authoring and transposing technical and functional requirements documents and guides to be user friendly and fit for purpose.
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent command of grammar and vocabulary in English.
• The ability to express complex concepts clearly and briefly in simple language.
• A concern for verbal consistency and an appreciation of tone and style.
• The ability to create professional and visually attractive documentation.
• An analytical and inquisitive mind.
• An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and turn into easily understood text, whilst anticipating any possible knowledge gaps.
• Keen eye for detail with strong proofreading skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• The ability to work to tight schedules.
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio).
• Ability to analyse information from all available resources in order to ascertain a resolution.
This full time role involves working 5 days from 7 and relevant training will be provided for the successful applicant.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.