Systems Development Deputy Manager – Trading and Tools
Position Ref: SDDMTT0618BW
July 4, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 19 languages.
The Trading and Tools team is looking for a Systems Development Deputy Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Trading and Tools team is responsible for developing large scale applications, API’s and services used by our Sports Traders to create the core betting content of our site. If you have a passion for technology and a keen interest in Sport, it doesn’t get much better than this.
As a Systems Development Deputy Manager you will be a contributor and champion of bet365 culture and driving successes within the team. You need to be confident and have trust in the team but also importantly need to have the right level of governance in place to ensure success.
• Promoting the goals of the department, driving a culture of ownership, understanding, learning, continuous improvement and success.
• Driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Instilling quality as a default requirement throughout all aspects of the team and process.
• Portraying the values of bet365 through all activities that are carried out.
• Ensuring you are open and available for team members and key stakeholders to be to assist in any issues they may have.
• Acting as a point of escalation for issues within the team.
• Developing employees in both the technical and non technical areas of their role, utilising training and personally coaching/mentoring them to enable them to succeed.
Required Skills, Experience, and Attributes:
• Commercial experience with leading development teams.
• Proven track record in high availability multi browser compatible development.
• Previous experience working with high availability multi user n-tier systems.
• A highly self motivated technology professional with the drive to succeed and ability to lead technical solutions, people, delivery, and strategy.
• Delivery and results focused.
• A reflective and adaptable leader.
• A strong team player with an ability to build an effective team of technical professionals.
• Ability to manage and make well balanced decisions in a pressured environment and pressured situations.
• Well organised and skilled in effective time management, people management, coaching, conflict resolution, task allocation, delegation and risk management.
• Effective communicator both written and verbally in technical and non technical subjects to both a technical and business audience.
• Passionate about software development and technology committed.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.