Software Development Technical Lead – Manchester
Position Ref: SDTECL0517BW
September 28, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Back Office Sports development team is seeking a passionate Software Development Technical Lead to work out of our brand new central Manchester office.
The Back Office Sports development team is responsible for the development, maintenance and enhancing of our trading applications, a diverse suite of applications that are core to the operating and trading of the bet365 sport systems.
As a Technical Lead, you will be passionate about technology, delivering quality and mentoring/coaching software developers to further develop their skillset.
You will be joining a team of bright, enthusiastic technologists who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge, with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
You will be assisting and supporting the Development Manager alongside the Team Leaders in the successful delivery of software by providing technical solutions and governance for the development team.
If you are a leader who wants to stay close to technology and influence solutions whilst guiding developers, then this role is for you!
Skills and Experience:
• Extensive commercial experience of Microsoft .NET
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL server 2005 or later)
• Experience of working with distributed or concurrent, multi-tiered applications
• Experience as a senior/technical lead of software development projects in a hands-on capacity
• Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable, software solutions
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment
• Excellent communicator on a technical level
• Experience of delivering using agile practises
• Passionate about software development and technology
Desirable skills and Attributes:
• Jira issue management
• Self-motivated and delivery focused
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function
• An interest in sport
• Experience of the online gaming industry
• Problem solving ability
• Proactive and willing to contribute to ideas
• High standards of work and attention to detail
A degree in a computer science discipline or relevant professional experience is essential. A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.