Software Development Team Leaders – Manchester
Position Ref: SDTL0517BW
September 29, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Members and Gaming development teams are seeking experienced, talented and inspirational Software Development Team Leaders to assist and support the Systems Development Manager. The positions will be based within our brand new central Manchester office.
The Members team is responsible for the Greenfield redevelopment of the members and payments functionality of the site utilising a Microsoft Technology stack. The team has a varied technology stack including front end website development, middle tier service and API development.
The Gaming team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Casino, Poker, Bingo, Games, Slots and Vegas products developed using a Microsoft Technology stack.
Whilst the roles will initially be focused on working within the Members or Gaming team, there is potential for leads with the relevant skill set to diversify into other areas as the Manchester development teams expand.
Team Leaders will assist and support the Systems Development Manager alongside the Technical Leads in the successful delivery of software, leading the development function to release quality products in a timely manner and facilitation of this change with teams throughout the business.
Any previous technical leadership or technical project management experience is desirable. This is a superb opportunity for someone looking to further their career in a technical and innovative company in a leadership role.
Skills and Experience:
• Extensive commercial experience of Microsoft .NET.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL server 2005 or later).
• Experience of working with distributed or concurrent, multi-tiered applications.
• Experience as a lead of software development projects.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• The ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Experience of delivering using agile practises.
Desirable skills and Attributes:
• Jira issue management.
• Self motivated and delivery focused.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• An interest in sport.
• Experience of the online gaming industry.
• Problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Proactive and willing to contribute to ideas.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
A degree in a computer science discipline or relevant professional experience is essential. A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.