Software Development Team Leader, Sports UI
Position Ref: SDTLS0917HT
September 18, 2017
The Sports UI team are seeking an ambitious Software Development Team Leader to work out of our Staffordshire office.
The Sports UI team is responsible for enhancing and supporting the current Sports Website, Mobile and Tablet products.
As a Team Leader you will support the Systems Development Manager – Sports in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team. You will also be required to retain a good technical understanding of our systems and to remain close to the solution being developed.
You will be joining a team of bright and enthusiastic technologists who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
• Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Enforcing governance around quality, rules, standards and process within the team.
• Ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
• Ensuring the development process is conducted in a timely fashion.
• Actively planning and tracking work as prioritised by the product, project and development management.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to delivery.
• Working through dependencies.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Inputting to Developers’ appraisals and other performance feedback.
• Mobile technologies
• Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
• Scrum or experience of working in an agile environment development function.
• MS SQL Server experience
• Ability to work in a pressured environment
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Self motivated
• Good technical documentation skills
• High standards of work and attention to detail
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.