Software Development Team Leader, Core Systems
Position Ref: SDTLCS0319BW
April 19, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Core Systems team is looking for a Software Development Team Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices in Central Manchester.
The Core Systems team is vital to the continued success of the business. Responsible for developing and supporting a growing number of critical systems, you will be working alongside some of the best developers in the industry and will receive exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as having the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos.
• Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Enforcing governance of quality, rules, standards and processes ensuring solutions meet business needs
• Ensuring development processes are conducted in a timely fashion.
• Limiting repeated steps within the development process.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to delivery.
• Analysing impact of change.
• Distributing knowledge and mentoring team members
• Providing performance feedback and inputting into developer appraisals.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Extensive commercial development experience.
• Proven track record of leading teams to delivery of high quality solutions.
• Team working skills.
• Strong technical background.
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Experience of distributed systems.
• Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
• Proactive and willing to contribute ideas.
• High standard of work and attention to detail.
• Strong academic background with BSc/MSc IT related degree.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala, or Go).
• Distributed caching/memory clouds/noSQL databases.
• Exposure to distributed/grid computing.
• Complex event processing/continuous query languages.
• Web development experience.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.