Software Developer, Systems Monitoring
Position Ref: SDSM1017BW
November 3, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Systems Monitoring development team are seeking a passionate Software Developer to work out of our Staffordshire office.
The Systems Monitoring team are responsible for ensuring the health and stability of the core bet365 website, capturing and analysing thousands of events per second, looking for patterns of behaviour and acting to provide the best possible customer experience.
You will be working on cutting edge technologies at significant scale, Golang, Apache Kafka and more. Using stream processing technologies to react to events with sub-second latency, you’ll be applying complex machine learning solutions to drive the correct decisions in the shortest possible time.
You will have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team as we continue to evolve and solve new and challenging problems in this arena.
Working with Research and Development, our Data Scientists and the technical experts throughout the business, you’ll have the chance to learn and grow in our hard working, fast paced environment.
• Delivering high quality, high performance solutions to business problems using Golang
• Working with Apache Kafka to queue and process thousands of events per second
• Consuming diverse and complex data feeds and standardising to a core structure
• Creating system monitoring tools to enable the day-to-day use of our systems
• Driving technology change and implementing the right solutions
• Analysing captured data, looking for patterns and opportunities to improve our monitoring tools
Skills and Attributes:
• Extensive development experience, ideally with Golang, Python, Java or similar technologies.
• A degree in a Computer Science discipline or relevant discipline/Microsoft Certified.
• Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
• Creation of concurrent distributed components.
• Problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Self motivated.
• Proactive and willing to contribute ideas.
• Strong team player.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Experience of working in an environment with 1000s of transactions per second.
• Exposure to functional programming (Erlang, Haskell, F# or Scala).
• Experience of distributed caching/memory clouds/no SQL databases.
• Exposure to distributed/grid computing.
• Experience of complex event processing/continuous query languages.
• Experience of web development.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.