Software Developer, Middleware
Position Ref: SDMID0917BW
November 24, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Middleware team is seeking Software Developers to work at our offices based in Staffordshire.
The Middleware systems team is vital to the continued success of the business, having responsibility for developing and supporting a growing number of critical systems. You will be working alongside some of the best developers in the industry and will receive exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as having the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hard working and delivery focused company ethos.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware)
• Good database application programming
• Creation of concurrent distributed components
• Working on Linux and GNU utilities
• Strong academic background
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions
• Working in an environment with high volume transactions
• Complex event processing/continuous query languages
• Distributed caching/memory clouds/no SQL databases
• Web development
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
• Any exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala, or GO)
• Any exposure to distributed/grid computing
• Problem solving ability
• Self motivation
• Proactivity and willingness to contribute ideas
• Attention to detail delivering high standards of work
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDMID0917BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.