Software Developer, Messaging Systems
Position Ref: SDSM0917BW
October 6, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
We are forming a team in Manchester to undertake development of a new customer messaging and interaction system. The system will incorporate customer facing and internal applications plus supporting services and databases.
This is a greenfield development programme which requires full stack developers capable of working at the scale required by bet365 in a range of Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
You will be joining a team of bright, enthusiastic developers who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge, with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
Skills and experience:
• Extensive commercial experience of Microsoft .NET.
• Experience of developing using WPF.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL server 2005 or later).
• Experience of working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable, software solutions.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Experience of delivering using agile practises.
Desirable skills include:
• Experience in functional programming such as Go, Elixir or Erlang.
• Jira issue management.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• Experience of the online gaming industry.
• Delivery focused.
• Problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Passionate about software development and technology.
• An interest in sport.
• Self motivated.
• Proactive and willing to contribute to ideas.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
A degree in a Computer Science discipline or relevant professional experience is essential. A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDSM0917BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.