Software Developer, Messaging Systems
Position Ref: SDSM0917BW
October 6, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
We are forming a team in Manchester to undertake development of a new product within the bet365 estate.
This is a greenfield development programme which requires full stack developers capable of working at the scale required by bet365 in a range of Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
You will be joining a team of bright, enthusiastic developers who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge, with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
Skills and experience:
• Extensive commercial experience of Microsoft .NET.
• Experience of developing using WPF.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL server 2005 or later).
• Experience of working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable, software solutions.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Experience of delivering using agile practises.
Desirable skills include:
• Experience in functional programming such as Go, Elixir or Erlang.
• Jira issue management.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• Experience of the online gaming industry.
• Delivery focused.
• Problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Passionate about software development and technology.
• An interest in sport.
• Self motivated.
• Proactive and willing to contribute to ideas.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
A degree in a Computer Science discipline or relevant professional experience is essential. A competitive salary and benefits package is available to successful applicants.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.