Software Developer, Android Native Apps
Position Ref: SDANA0118BW
March 1, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
We are passionate about our brand, our product, customers and employees and we want to meet highly motivated individuals who will share our vision and our passion.
We are looking for an Android Native Software Developer to join the expanding Gaming Development team at our offices based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The role specifically focuses on the Android Native applications within the Gaming area of bet365, which is responsible for Casino, Poker, Slots, Games, Bingo and Vegas products across the desktop and mobile platforms. The application development technology is Java with Android Studio as the IDE and a Microsoft .NET plus SQL Server CMS in the back end.
• Developing native Android applications, sometimes from the ground up through to deployment.
• Refining, extending and improving a range of existing Android applications.
• Identifying bottle necks, code complexity and fix bugs.
• Helping to maintain code quality organisation and automation.
• Reviewing team members code and feedback on code improvements.
• Assisting and coaching other team members in app developers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Commercial experience developing Android Applications.
• Strong understanding and use of Java in android applications.
• Development of high performance, low footprint applications.
• Use of native Android development tools including Android Studio and the range of Android SDKs (Lollipop, Marshmallow).
• Local database (SQL) for offline storage of data (Sugar ORM).
• Android APIs, HTTPURLConnection, ChromeClient, Android Web Views, Google Play Services, Appcompat Library.
• Multitasking/AsyncTask and asynchronous code.
• Threading and main thread/background thread interactions.
• Good understanding of Handlers and Services.
• Ability to bring new ideas and fresh approaches to existing problems.
• Third party libraries (Analytics, Picasso) and use of Gradle.
• Event bus technology e.g. OTTO or GreenRobot
• Experience of working on a codebase in parallel with other developers using source control, merging code, etc.
• Good communication skills with ability to work autonomously and within a geographically distributed team.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Dependency injection framework, e.g. Butterknife.
• Unit Testing.
• Working within regulated processes.
• Experience of a fast paced working environment.
• Microsoft .Net technologies.
• iOS, XCode, Objective C and/or Swift.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDANA0118BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.