Service Desk Technician
Position Ref: SDT1711BW
November 17, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is seeking a Service Desk Technician to support its technical function. The position is available at the Waterport Place office based in Gibraltar.
The business employs numerous highly skilled engineers across a range of technical disciplines to achieve impressive and continuous annual growth. Investment in technology is fundamental to this success.
This vacancy is for a Service Desk Technician to join the Gibraltar IT Services function. The successful applicant will join a team responsible for ensuring that the user base has sufficient equipment and resources to perform their roles. You must take end to end ownership of incidents, escalate where necessary and see them through to resolution.
Although not directly responsible for fixing complex issues, the role has responsibility to troubleshoot, identify business impact and escalate efficiently and in a timely manner. You will work in a structured environment adhering to strict security policies relating to user access.
Reporting to the IT Services Manager – Gibraltar, you will be required to work a pattern of eight hour shifts consisting of weekdays between 8am and 6pm and every other weekend between 8.30am and 5pm.
• Ensuring phone calls and emails are dealt with promptly to provide the best possible service to the business.
• Logging all tickets for incidents or requests that are reported.
• Ensuring first line incidents are resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Ensuring second line incidents are investigated and promptly escalated where required.
• Proactively managing open incidents, working with 2nd and 3rd line teams to gain the fastest resolution based on incident SLA.
• Providing remote support and fixes.
• Building PCs and providing hardware maintenance.
• Taking end to end ownership of tickets, ensuring customer satisfaction before closure of incidents and requests.
• Maintaining and administering to ensure systems are running and escalating any resulting issues.
• Transferring knowledge to colleagues and ITSM personnel through the publishing of Knowledge Base articles and inclusion of full resolution information for all tickets.
• Adhering to all published processes and procedures.
• Adhering to the working practices as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Self managed with ability to work unsupervised.
• Quick to learn.
• Commercial experience working in a service management function or relevant IT qualifications.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.