Service Asset and Configuration Management Engineer
Position Ref: SACME1017BW
November 24, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Service Asset and Configuration Management Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will join a team which is responsible for managing software licensing and auditing along with the configuration management database.
• Producing accurate and up to date licensing positions across all software vendors that are in scope.
• Carrying out and conducting monthly vendor true up activities via tools and reporting with stakeholder engagement regarding license entitlement position and any non compliance where required.
• On boarding of new vendors and licenses with playback to the team or management of findings and position along with recommendations based on report or other analysis conducted.
• Following internal processes to manage the license agreement repository, maintaining the teams BAU and KPI work streams, along with asset management requests.
• Assisting with requirement gathering for configuration design requests, verification and auditing of the CMS and performing service deep dives in line with software license usage and reconciliation.
• Ensuring that running configurations, service placement delivery models and principles are recorded and maintained in the CMDB and adhered to especially for ITSC mapping, regulatory classifications and licensing models.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to analyse large amounts of data from multiple sources and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail (Excel formulae i.e. vlookup, pivot tables etc.) and present this data back and/or use this to calculate compliance/configuration positions.
• Experience within a CMDB in an environment with varied complex applications and database architectures.
• Use and understanding of technology and tools, including: Active Directory, software distribution (Altiris, SCCM), software asset management (preferably SNOW License Manager v8), asset inventory and configuration management tools.
• Communication and presentation skills with the ability to present back highly technical outputs to non technical stakeholders.
• Good understanding of tier 1 software vendors licensing requirements including Microsoft (SQL/MSDN/Datacentre/CAL’s) in both physical and virtual environments.
• Team player with smart thinking, a can do attitude, ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables.
• High attention to detail.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SACME1017BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.