Service Asset and Configuration Management Engineer
Position Ref: SACME0818BW
September 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Service Asset and Configuration Management Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will join a team which is responsible for managing software licensing and auditing along with the configuration management database.
• Updating and maintaining the CMS, ensuring that data quality and accuracy is maintained to the highest standards.
• Ensuring that our regular baseline audits are carried out to ensure that we are meeting our internal, company and compliance objectives.
• Assisting the business/internal teams with the hardware asset/configuration management of the CI’s.
• Ensuring running configurations, service placement delivery models and principles are recorded and maintained on the CMS and adhered to especially for ITSC mapping, regulatory classifications and licensing models.
• Leading requirements gathering for configuration design requests, verifications and auditing of the CMS and performing service deep dives in line with service/asset/configuration reconciliation.
• Working with IT teams, build teams, change management, problem management, release management, IT operations, logistics, finance teams and the senior IT/business team/stakeholders.
• Following and driving efficiency whilst continuously improving our internal processes to manage the CMS repository, maintaining the teams BAU and KPI work streams, along with asset management requests. Identifying problem areas up/down stream that have the ability to impact the team and working to improve/resolve these.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
• Ability to analyse complex datasets from multiple sources and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail (Excel, SQL, etc.) and present this data back and/or use this to calculate compliance/configuration positions.
• Commercial experience working within a service management environment with varied complex applications and database architectures and a good understanding of how these hang together including sub components that may make up a single package.
• Experience and an understanding of technology and tools, including: Active Directory, asset management (preferably BMC Remedy, BMC Discovery), configuration management tooling, database and querying specifically MS SQL.
• Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills with the ability to present back or query IT Management non technical stakeholders.
• Team player with smart thinking, a can do attitude, ability to work alone with minimal supervision and a self starter with taking personal responsibility for deliverables and work stack.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects with independent deadlines and deliverables.
• Strong process management, document and control skills.
• Good understanding of the lifecycle of assets (procurement to disposal).
• ITIL v3 foundation, preferably qualified with relevance to Configuration Management.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.