Senior Software Developer, Sports
Position Ref: SSDSMAN1217BW
April 6, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Sports team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family, based at our offices based in Central Manchester.
The Sports team is vital to the continued success of the business, having responsibility for developing and supporting a growing number of critical systems. You will be working alongside some of the best developers in the industry and will receive exposure to cutting edge technologies, as well as having the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the team.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware)
• Good database application programming
• Creation of concurrent distributed components
• Working on Linux and GNU utilities
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions
• Working in an environment with high volumes of transactions
• Distributed systems
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Complex event processing/continuous query languages
• Distributed caching/memory clouds/no SQL databases
• Web development
• Commercial experience with the functional programming language Go.
• Any exposure with functional programming (such as Erlang, Elixir, Haskell, Scala, F#)
• Problem solving ability
• Delivery focused
• Self motivation
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly
• Proactivity and willingness to contribute ideas
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Attention to detail delivering high standards of work
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SSDSMAN1217BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.