Senior Network Engineer
Position Ref: SNE0819BW
September 4, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Network Engineering team is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will take a lead role in the strategic network related work packages as well as projects aligned to the overall business strategy. You will also have an excellent understanding of network related technologies.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has a proven technical ability and a track record of commitment and delivery. You will be capable of leading and delivering pieces of work with minimal input from the team, technical leads and managers. You will be driven to continually identify opportunities to optimise and improve the performance availability and security of the network.
As a Senior Network Engineer you will be part of the on-call rota and have the support of a 22 strong team behind you. You will have the interpersonal skills required to interact with many different areas of the business.
• Supporting the team with high priority requests where possible.
• Working in a lead capacity for business led or infrastructure led projects.
• Proactively looking to continually service improve in relation to your technical domain.
• Raising awareness of touch points where changes to the network may have an impact on other dependent services.
• Having a detailed understanding of the architecture of your technical domain and how this is configured to produce the current operation posture.
• Working with stakeholders and technical staff to develop fit for purpose, simple solutions to problems.
• Actively managing and progressing your work stack as allocated ensuring work flows through due process in a timely manner.
• Actively leading investigation into the root cause of service impacting incidents.
• Carrying out mentoring tasks to other team members in order to assist in their development.
• Ensuring timely escalation of production affecting issues to line management and/or department heads.
• Liaising and facilitating successful relationships with other teams across the business.
• Representing the team in technical forums and for work being coordinated across teams.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Ability to work in a fast paced/pressured environment.
• Ability to multi task and prioritise work by shifting focus as and when required.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Excellent technical documentation skills.
• Technologically professional with a desire to remain immersed in technology.
• Passionate about technology with a focus on Network Engineering.
• Commercial experience in an Infrastructure and/or technical related role.
• Willingness to travel for remote deployments when required.
• Willingness to provide an on-call service.
• Flexible approach to your work as occasional out of hours and weekend work may be necessary.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Exposure to or certification in ITIL.
• Passionate about Network Security.
• Strong automation experience.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SNE0819BW to email@example.com. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.