Senior Information Security Specialist
Position Ref: SISS1117BW
February 9, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is seeking candidates to fill the role of Senior Information Security Specialist. There is an option for the position to be based at either our Staffordshire or Manchester offices.
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the role is focused towards ensuring the information security of bet365 and its staff. This technical role will provide an opportunity for a motivated individual who would like to move into a leading organisation which provides exposure to cutting edge technologies.
The role is focused on the security aspects of application development and tool assessment, rather than regulatory requirement or intrusion detection. As such experience of development is required (for avoidance of doubt this is not a code QA role, but one where the objective is to spot and suggest fixes based on coding for security best practice).
• Providing support to the Team Leader/Technical Lead and acting as deputy where required.
• Analysing and assessing security vulnerability.
• Reviewing manual and automated source code, especially for ASP.NET.
• Liaising with Software Development to ensure that security is considered throughout the lifecycle.
• Identifying any security flaws within purchased and in house developed business software and managing through appropriately.
• Identifying and developing new tools that could be beneficial in the security testing process.
• Taking a lead role in the project process to ensure that Information security aspects are considered up front and throughout the project lifecycle.
• Ensuring the security of the tested product within the project context.
• Contributing to and utilising bet365 security testing methodologies.
• Developing an understanding of the business and supporting more junior members of the team.
• Interfacing with external bodies as necessary.
• Creating technical documentation.
• Staying up to date with new and emerging threats.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Previous experience in a development role (or similar security role where code reviews were conducted)
• Broad understanding of technology functions as they relate to Information security.
• Use of planned, structured methodologies for conducting and reporting on Web Application Penetration Testing.
• Excellent understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of Information/Digital Security.
• Excellent understanding of and demonstrable experience with automated, dynamic and static application security testing tools.
• Excellent understanding of and demonstrable experience of manual security testing to find vulnerabilities and logical issues.
• Examination of packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
• Knowledge of developments in security technology and their application.
• Understanding of industry standard Information security practices.
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong stakeholder management.
• Ability to make informed decision.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Good understanding of IT principles.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SISS1117BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.