Release Automation Engineer
Position Ref: RAE0419BW
May 3, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Production Release team is looking for a Release Automation Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You be joining a team which is responsible for the automation of bet365’s software deployment processes. You will report into the Production Release Manager and take responsibility for the ongoing development of relevant automation within the release lifecycle.
• Supporting and maintaining the release automation suite.
• Reviewing existing processes and designing automation incorporating business process improvements, reengineering and delivering greater efficiency.
• Developing, troubleshooting and supporting orchestration workflows/layers.
• Working with project teams to turn release processes into automated solutions using the most appropriate automation platform/toolset.
• Conforming to best practice to ensure automated software components are designed and implemented to high standards.
• Conforming to bet365 security requirements.
• Conforming to bet365 version control and release management processes.
• Participating in an on call service for technical escalation of automation/platform issues.
• Applying active governance around design, quality and technical standards.
• Communicating actively on technical issues and solutions internally and externally contributing to the development of the bet365 release automation solutions.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience in an automation role.
• Version Control Software, Accurev, Git, Mercurial, TFS, SVN, etc.
• Multiple scripting languages, e.g. Python, Powershell, shell, etc.
• Good working knowledge of TSQL, Windows and Linux operating systems, and Jenkins.
• Proactive, highly organised and work well under pressure.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Degree level qualifications in a Technology related subject.
• Experience of GIT, JIRA.
• Experience of automating manual process.
• Working with Jenkins Pipelines.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference RAE0419BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.