Project Portfolio Manager
Position Ref: PPM0917BW
November 14, 2017
bet365, one the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology, is seeking a Project Portfolio Manager to join the Project and Programme Delivery team. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
Working within the technology function, the team’s core responsibility is to plan, execute and deliver technology change to the bet365 platform. This involves taking an idea and navigating it through requirement, design, build, test, and implementation through to run operations.
Ownership and Delivery Focus
• Full ownership and delivery responsibility of a portfolio. The portfolio may contain projects which span a variety of technical domains.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with the key stakeholders who hold prominent roles within the portfolio, ensuring engagement is proactive and conducted in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Working closely with product and service owners to review workload pipelines, ensuring these are captured and prioritised correctly.
• Full responsibility for ensuring all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly.
• Providing delivery assurance against the governance controls that underpin the delivery lifecycles (risk, issue, change).
• Working with business and IT stakeholders to define the scope and solutions of projects, leading on the resolution of issues as necessary.
• Governing projects within the defined PDLC framework, ensuring the project toolkit is being utilised effectively in controlling and delivering projects. This includes ensuring the most appropriate and efficient delivery approach is defined.
• Promoting harmonisation and collaboration throughout the technical teams for all projects that your portfolio leads on.
• Ensuring that technology activities are planned and coordinated for all projects within their delivery domain. (Planning, Executing and Control of Projects).
• Owning the Stakeholder management and communication plan for the project domain.
• Ensuring that the correct governance is in place to enable a consistent and repeatable approach to be maintained on all items in the portfolio.
• Engaging with technology delivery partners and stakeholders to ensure project plans are efficient, understood and agreed.
• Providing guidance on projects when the need arises, including escalations as needed to the Head of Project and Programme Delivery and other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
• Direct Line Management responsibility of various members and roles within the project and programme delivery function, ensuring all duties are carried out in line with the company policies and procedures. These roles may span various geographical locations within the UK and other European countries.
• Conducting monthly 1-2-1 review meetings with staff to work on their development and individual goals, ensuring any training and growth needs are identified and supported.
• Ensuring that staffing levels are monitored proactively and that demand and capacity needs are tracked and monitored closely, ensuring service provision can be supported at all times.
• Engaging in direct and indirect recruitment activities with both internal technology recruitment staff and bet365’s preferred supplier list of recruiters.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes
• Excellent planning and organisation techniques, combined with interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to operate in a demanding and dynamic environment.
• Familiarity in dealing directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and IT operations.
• Pragmatism to the delivery approach, giving real consideration to the best and most efficient way to plan and release solutions.
• An understanding and experience of a variety of test approaches, both functional and non-functional.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to get messages understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
• Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards.
• Managing relationships and team working, with strong abilities in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of people.
• Analytical thinking with the ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and explore and evaluate them systematically.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
• Experience working within a large IT function specialising in the delivery of multiple complex projects.
• Experience of various software delivery lifecycles methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
• Whilst not essential, qualifications in recognised project, programme and portfolio management methods are desirable.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.