Production Release Engineer
Position Ref: PRE0419BW
April 26, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for a Production Release Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Production Release team is responsible for executing and monitoring releases to the route to live and production environments rectifying issues where possible and/or escalating to the appropriate development teams. These include deployments of windows services/applications/webapps to Windows servers, various deployments to Linux based systems and internal tools via App-V/Citrix. Production Release also completes app install provisioning new services/servers as part of the infrastructure build pipeline.
• Gathering of release requirements and on boarding new products into automation systems.
• Monitoring of day to day releases to the production environment.
• Resolving/escalating deployment issues where appropriate.
• Completing change control procedures and accurate recording of releases.
• Invoking roll back processes upon request from development.
• Verifying operational state of products.
• Participating in on call duties to cover out of hours support for critical releases and roll backs.
• Maintaining web farms and synchronisation of code across multiple data centres.
• Continually reviewing and identifying areas for improvement to aid in creating greater efficiency for the software delivery lifecycle.
• Applying active governance on technical issues and solutions both within the release team, infrastructure and development.
• Installing applications as part of the infrastructure server build pipeline and ensuring adherence to SLAs.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Knowledge in at least one scripting language – bash, shell, groovy, PowerShell etc.
• Knowledge of change control and governance.
• Experience using Linux (RedHat/CentOS).
• Windows Server Experience (2008, 2012 and 2016).
• Ability to follow a given process with a keen eye for detail.
• Passion for automation.
• Highly motivated, self starter with the ability to motivate other.
• Delivery focused, ensuring procedures are followed at all times.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Thrive within a highly pressurised environment where success is dependent on the ability to react to ongoing fast changes.
• Keen problem solver with the ability to identify and overcome issues and obstacles.
• Passionate about continuous improvement.
• Ability to work collaboratively or independently on project requirements.
• Confidence and experience in high profile situations.
• Ability to adapt to a diverse and reactive working environment with no preconceived ideas or single methodology dictating how things must be done.
• Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Automation background.
• Experience with release management.
• Experience of using App-V and/or Citrix.
• MS SQL Server experience.
• Experience in a development language, C#/.Net etc.
• Working knowledge of Jenkins and pipelines.
• Experience using a ticket tracking systems, Jira/Remedy etc.
• Knowledge of IIS.
• Knowledge of Windows Applications and Services.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.