Messaging Systems Engineer
Position Ref: MSE0817BW
November 17, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies and a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology, is seeking a Messaging Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Department. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Messaging Systems Team is responsible for the delivery, administration, maintenance and continuous service improvement of internal messaging system platforms within the enterprise.
The team provide engineering services for a wide range of highly available technologies which underpin the delivery of messaging systems and platforms to our internal, branch office and remote workforce.
The role includes design, troubleshooting, maintenance and service improvements across our Messaging Systems Team managed service.
• Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms with the remit of the post.
• Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems within the remit of the post.
• Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoration of services within expected timescales.
• Contributing to a problem analysis investigation role.
• Analysing services and making service improvement recommendations.
• Administrating and maintaining messaging systems platforms.
• Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholders when handling escalated incidents or issues.
• Creating and maintaining documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans.
• Performance optimisation analysis and tuning.
• Providing technical guidance and support to the 2nd line support.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Experience of working on highly available large scale enterprise platforms.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server and Exchange 2010\2016.
• Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience of troubleshooting production system issues.
• Understanding of Network Load Balancers, LANs and Firewalls.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work independently, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience of delivering technical projects to a structured methodology.
• Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
• Ability to create cohesive and accurate technical documentation.
• Ability to present and communicate technical ideas to senior business stakeholders.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• Practical experience in a similar role within a medium to large environment.
• Candidates with experience and knowledge of messaging platforms such as Cisco ESA, BES12 and Skype for Business will have a distinct advantage.
• Powershell scripting.
• University degree in relevant subject.
• Holder of relevant recognised industry qualifications.
• Understanding of ITIL principles.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.