Management Information Systems Developer, SQL Server
Position Ref: MISDSQL0319BW
April 19, 2019
bet365, one the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) team is seeking a Management Information Systems Developer to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
The MIS SQL Server team is responsible for building and maintaining the MIS SQL Server systems that underpin much of the MIS department. We deliver highly optimised aggregations and data outputs used throughout bet365, including financial reporting, promotions and support front and backend solutions.
You will be part of the team responsible for the continuing development of the department’s most critical and complex systems, setting the bar for quality and reliability. This position requires a mix of strong T-SQL skills, solid understanding of systems design and desire and capability to work on large systems. We are looking for an extremely methodical SQL Server developer who has a very keen eye for detail and an inquisitive, forensic nature. Thoroughness and precision are critical attributes.
The main function of the team is the creation and maintenance of systems to aggregate and distribute data to support reporting and systems throughout bet365. You will be dealing with huge tables containing billions of rows of data that need to be understood and extracted efficiently.
• Participating in development and maintenance of data centric solutions in response to varied business problems, utilising SQL Server.
• Working alongside other members of the team on multi developer projects.
• Assisting in the continuous improvement, maintenance and housekeeping of databases and existing solutions.
• Reporting of activity and trends on the servers/databases to enable both reactive and proactive management of change.
• Developing solutions in line with departmental standards whilst adhering to the development process.
• Developing business facing reports (using SSRS, SSIS and SQL Agent).
• Delivering internal content affecting the customer experience.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial database development experience preferably with SQL Server 2012 (or later).
• Very good T-SQL skills and some experience in query tuning.
• Extremely methodical with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to breakdown complex requirements into simple solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a continually changing, reactive environment.
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Experience of SQL code QA.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring, query tuning and SQL Server Internals.
• Working with large database systems.
• Working with complex OLTP data models.
• Experience of SQL unit testing.
• Production database administration experience.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.