Management Information Systems Developer, Regulatory
Position Ref: MISDR0919BW
October 2, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) department is looking for a Developer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
A crucial requirement of all regulated gambling markets is the provision of data to regulators and other third parties. The Management Information Systems Regulatory team is responsible for building and maintaining real time and batch regulatory submission and reporting systems that service this requirement. The semantics of third party reporting requirements often result in extremely complex business logic to transform bet365 data models to those of the regulators. These systems are currently implanted in SQL Server, .Net windows services, .Net web services and SSRS reports.
You will be responsible for the continued development of the department’s most critical and complex systems. This position requires a mix of strong T-SQL skills, a solid understanding of systems design and the desire and capability to work on large systems. We are looking for an extremely methodical SQL Server developer who has a very keen eye for detail and an inquisitive, forensic nature. Thoroughness and precision are critical attributes. Experience of C# development and SSRS would be a significant advantage.
• Participating in the development and maintenance of data centric solutions in response to varied business problems, principally utilising SQL Server.
• Working alongside other members of the team on multi developer projects.
• Assisting in the continuous improvement, maintenance and housekeeping of databases and existing solutions.
• Developing solutions in line with departmental standards, adhering to the development process.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial database development experience.
• Working with complex OLTP data models.
• Advanced T-SQL and execution plan analysis skills.
• Experience of software development within the gambling industry.
• Extremely methodical with a high attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring, query tuning and SQL Server Internals.
• Relish development and support of highly complex mission critical software.
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a continually changing, reactive environment.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Writing C# windows services and/or web services.
• Writing SSRS reports.
• Software development experience within the gambling industry.
Apply For This Job
The closing date for applications is 19th July 2019
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference MISDR1218BW to email@example.com. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.