Management Information Systems Developer
Position Ref: MISD0718MON
August 3, 2018
bet365, one the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Management Information Systems (MIS) team is seeking a Management Information Systems Developer to join this vital part of the bet365 family.
The MIS SQL Server DBA team is responsible for building and maintaining the MIS SQL Server systems that underpin much of the MIS reporting output, including financial reporting across all product verticals (Sports, Virtual Sports, Lottery, Games, Casino, Vegas, Bingo, Poker) to the Accounts department, heads of relevant departments and, ultimately, the Board.
You will be responsible for the continuing development of the department’s most critical and complex systems. This position requires a mix of strong T-SQL skills, a solid understanding of systems design and the desire and capability to work on large systems. We are looking for an extremely methodical SQL Server developer who has a very keen eye for detail and an inquisitive, forensic nature. Thoroughness and precision are critical attributes.
The main function of the team is the creation and maintenance of systems to aggregate and distribute data to support reporting and back end systems. If dealing with huge tables containing billions of rows of data, understanding what the data means and working out how best to extract it as efficiently as possible sounds like your cup of tea, this may be the job for you.
• Participating in the development and maintenance of data centric solutions in response to varied business problems, utilising SQL Server.
• Working alongside other members of the team on multi developer projects.
• Assisting in the continuous improvement, maintenance and housekeeping of databases and existing solutions.
• Reporting of activity and trends on the servers/databases to enable both reactive and proactive management of change.
• Developing solutions in line with departmental standards whilst adhering to the development process.
• Developing business facing reports (using SSRS, SSIS and SQL Agent).
• Delivering internal content affecting the customer experience.
• Creating and maintaining relevant documentation.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial database development experience using SQL Server 2012 (or later).
• Advanced T-SQL and execution plan analysis skills.
• Extremely methodical with a high attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL Server performance monitoring, query tuning and SQL Server Internals.
• Relishing development and support of highly complex mission critical software.
• Working in a team environment delivering high quality solutions.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a continually changing, reactive environment.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Working with large database systems.
• Working with complex OLTP data models.
• Experience of PostgreSQL.
• Production database administration experience.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference MISD0718BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ..