Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Operations
Position Ref: IES0819BW
September 11, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Systems Operations team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
• Applying a software engineering and a lean process mind set to system administration.
• Providing reactive and proactive support for enterprise compute storage and virtualisation systems.
• Major incident response and problem resolution via deep dive analysis.
• Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
• Defining and automating infrastructure processes and routines.
• Identifying areas for continuous improvement through automation, documentation, process or working methods.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Sharing knowledge.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Adaptable, effective and enthusiastic and willing to take ownership.
• Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation of work to meet deadlines.
• Logical approach to solving problems under pressure.
• Strong knowledge of operating system stack and upstream or downstream application, database and network services.
• Experience with log aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash.
• Scripting experience bash and/or Python.
• Knowledge in core infrastructure services Such as Active Directory, DNS, PKI, MS Clustering.
• Demonstrable background in supporting data protection, storage (Block and File) and virtualisation technologies (VMWare).
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Exposure to automation tools such as Ansible.
• Experience in supporting highly available, web application systems at scale.
• Experience in supporting containerised workloads.
• Experience in supporting an enterprise environment.
• Experience of IT service management principles such as ITIL.
• Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.