Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Operations
Position Ref: IESO0319BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
April 19, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Systems Operations team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Applying a software engineering mind set to system administration.
• Providing reactive and proactive support for enterprise compute and storage systems.
• Resolving major incidents and problems via deep dive analysis.
• Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
• Defining and automating infrastructure processes and routines.
• Identifying areas for continuous improvement through automation, documentation, process or working methods.
• Sharing knowledge.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Adaptable, effective and enthusiastic engineer willing to take ownership.
• Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation of work to meet deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of operating system stack and upstream or downstream application, database and network services.
• Logical approach to solving problems under pressure.
• Exposure to configuration management, orchestration and automation tools; such as Ansible.
• Supporting highly available web application systems at scale.
• Supporting containerised workloads.
• Llog aggregators, including Splunk or LogStash.
• Scripting/development experience with one of more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#, HTML5, CSS3.
• Knowledge in some or all of core infrastructure services, data protection and storage, security, networking virtualisation and containerised technology.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Supporting an enterprise environment.
• IT service management principles such as ITIL.
• Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.