Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Delivery
Position Ref: IESD0319BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
April 19, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Systems Delivery team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
• Creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Defining and automating infrastructure system and configuration standards and best practices.
• Delivering work package contribution as technical authority for projects from conception to completion.
• Identifying, planning and executing improvements for existing services and systems.
• Designing and configuring core infrastructure platforms and technologies.
• Creating solution designs and specifications with a focus on simplification, automation, and use of open source technology as alternatives to commercial products where appropriate.
• Creating detailed deployment and testing documentation.
• Updating stakeholders and producing reports.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Adaptable, effective and enthusiastic engineer willing to take ownership.
• Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation of work to meet deadlines.
• Active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
• Logical approach to handling delivery blockers and issues.
• Working with modern delivery methodologies.
• Supporting and designing highly available systems at scale.
• Transitioning automated and measured services into production with minimal operations overhead.
• Linux and Windows systems administration and scripting experience (bash, Python or Powershell).
• Knowledge in some or all of the core infrastructure services, data protection and storage, security, networking, or virtualisation technology.
• High level understanding of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud platform services and offerings.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Supporting an enterprise environment.
• IT service management principles such as ITIL.
• Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
• Specification, design and selection of vendor solutions.
• Technology integration projects.
• Infrastructure architecture and service design.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.