Information Security Specialist
Position Ref: ISS0618BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
July 20, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Information Security Department is seeking an Information Security Specialist to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be reporting into the Information Security Manager and be focused towards ensuring the Information Security of bet365 and its staff.
This is a technical role that will challenge your time management and communication skills as well as your knowledge of networking, system administration, code development and regulatory requirements.
• Providing support to the Team Leader and Line Management.
• Reviewing manual and automated source code, especially for ASP.NET.
• System testing using approved bet365 methodologies.
• Creating technical documentation.
• Developing an understanding of the business and support more junior members of the team.
• Liaising with the business to ensure that Information Security requirements are complied with.
• Analysing and assessing security vulnerability.
• Identifying any nonconformity within the business and escalate appropriately.
• Interfacing with external bodies as necessary.
• Taking an active role in the project process to ensure that Information Security points/matters are considered up front and throughout the project lifecycle.
• Taking an active role in external audits as necessary.
• Staying up to date with new and emerging threats.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• Broad understanding of technology functions as they relate to Information Security.
• Using planned, structured methodologies for conducting ad reporting Web Application Penetration Testing.
• Excellent understanding of the general principles, practices and technologies of Information/Digital Security.
• Examination of packets using Wireshark and other related tools.
• Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
• Knowledge of developments in security technology and their application.
• Experience with automated dynamic and static application security testing tools.
• Understanding of industry standard Information Security practices.
• Experience of manual security testing to find vulnerabilities and logical issues.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Strong communication skills/personable.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Appreciation of IT principles.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference ISS0618BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.