Head of Vendor Management
Position Ref: HOVM0419BW
April 26, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The IT Service Operations department is looking for a Head of Vendor Management to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will lead on managing Hillside (Technology) Limited supplier contracts, performance and interactions, covering the complete commercial lifecycle of the relationship.
You will manage and control vendor contracts, relationships and performance for the efficient delivery of products and services. You will ensure we meet our business objectives, minimise potential business disruption, avoid deal and delivery failure. You will provide a more sustainable multi sourcing strategy, while driving the most value from vendors.
You will need to work collaboratively with the technical domains to ensure robust and effective management of company financial resources and expenditure.
The role is split into the following categories:
• Internal Management
• Commercial Management
• Supplier Management
• Working collaboratively with technology stakeholders to prepare and manage the annual OPEX and CAPEX budget.
• Working with the Finance and Procurement departments to ensure spend is effectively managed and reported on.
• Accountability for the relationship and commercial management of allocated IT suppliers working with technical domain leads to ensure that the products and services delivered meet the requirements.
• Managing the commercial relationship and lifecycle with the supplier.
• Enforcing contractual penalties.
• Delivering cost savings and improved terms and conditions.
• Ensuring value for money services are delivered.
• Possessing strong business and commercial awareness and drive together with ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Utilising your strong commercial acumen, ensuring the delivery of strong commercial outcomes.
• Relationship management.
• Developing, agreeing and implementing supplier strategies.
• Working collaboratively with all stakeholders building strong relationships.
• Managing supplier performance; managing the suppliers to the agreed governance framework.
• Ensuring delivery of the appropriate reporting to support the governance framework.
• Risk management of suppliers; identifying and highlighting appropriate issues that could put the supplier of the service at risk, reporting and escalating where appropriate.
• Managing and executing stakeholder engagement plans, including renewal and road map reviews.
• Driving improvements in supplier performance by working across the business to promote and implement appropriate commercial strategies, including rationalisation and consolidation programmes.
• Managing the lifecycle of the supplier contracts including, identifying the needs, considering options, selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, benchmarking, reviewing contracts and terminating contracts.
• Interfacing with the Finance, Procurement and Legal teams as appropriate.
• Maintaining database of contract information, providing analysis and commenting on relevant contracts.
• Realisation of savings across direct and indirect procurement strategies.
• Leading sourcing activities as part of a define strategy to support business requirements.
• Managing the preferred suppliers list (PSL).
• Reporting and performance monitoring.
• Providing support for all bid activities.
• Negotiating and influencing.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of procurement and financial practices.
• Solid performance of commercial negotiation.
• Track record of managing and improvement vendor performance.
• Team player who is capable of working collaboratively across the business.
• Inquisitive nature.
• Sweats the detail.
• Brings pragmatism to challenging issues.
• Open to feedback and ideas.
• Understanding of contracts supplier structure and clauses.
• Budget management.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Degree qualified.
• ISO9001 Purchasing Procedures.
• ISO27001 Supplier Relationships and Supplier Service Delivery.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.