Change and Configuration Deputy Manager
Position Ref: CCDM1017BW
December 15, 2017
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages
The Change and Configuration Management department is looking for a Deputy Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The role is focused on helping to oversee change and configuration management and the related policies and processes within the organisation
• Overseeing IT change and configuration management.
• Assisting in the governance of the change management processes across IT.
• Assisting the Change and Configuration Manager in the management of a function that is delivering on its accountabilities.
• Ensuring that all aspects are governed by this function.
• Ensuring that the capacity of the function meets the demands of the business.
• Managing the escalation of issues.
• Supporting the management of a configuration management database.
• Assisting in the effective capture/maintenance of configuration items and their attributes.
• Ensuring that traceability of change against each and every configuration item is achieved.
• Assisting in ensuring that regulatory compliance is a key consideration in any changes planned.
• Taking responsibility for the creation and maintenance of relevant accurate documentation.
• Assisting in ensuring that any ‘supplier’ changes that impact bet365 services are governed by bet365 Change Management processes.
• Supporting the Change and Configuration Manager in the production and delivery of the ‘Forward Schedule of Change’.
• Engaging necessary stakeholders prior to approving changes to progress into the live environment so that all relevant risks are assessed at the appropriate level, by the most appropriate agent.
Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Excellent communication skills and personable.
• IT management.
• People management.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Process orientation.
• Pragmatic approach to the administration of governances.
• Displays a committed, flexible, ‘can do’ attitude towards work.
• Formal technical training or background.
• Appreciation of software development principles.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference CCDM1017BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.