Application Delivery Engineer
Position Ref: ADE0519BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
June 21, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Infrastructure department is looking for an Application Delivery Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Application Delivery team is responsible for the delivery, administration, maintenance and continual service improvement of internal business services and applications to the bet365 workforce. The team also provides engineering services for a wide range of highly available technologies which underpin the delivery of back office services and applications.
A core focus of the role is the delivery of virtualised applications and desktops across multiple sites, both in the UK and abroad, and to remote business consumers. The role includes design, troubleshooting, maintenance and capacity planning across the Application Delivery team managed services.
• Maintaining uptime, capacity and availability of all platforms with the remit of the post.
• Troubleshooting and resolving service affecting incidents and problems within the remit of the post.
• Responding to technical issues escalated to the team and restoration services within expected timescales.
• Contributing to a problem analysis investigation role.
• Planning and delivering complex system upgrades and maintenance programmes.
• Analysing services and making service improvement recommendations.
• Communicating effectively with senior managers and stakeholders when handling escalated incidents or issues.
• Creating and maintaining documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans.
• Analysing performance optimisation and tuning.
• Providing technical guidance and support to the 2nd line support teams.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience of working on highly available large scale enterprise platforms.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Linux operating systems.
• Strong troubleshooting methodology and experience of troubleshooting production system issues.
• Understanding of Network Load Balancers, LANs and Firewalls.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities, work independently, multitask and meet tight deadlines.
• Experience of delivering structured technical projects.
• Can do attitude and willingness to learn new skills.
• Ability to create cohesive and accurate technical documentation.
• Ability to present and communicate technical ideas to senior business stakeholders.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Practical experience in a similar role within a medium to large environment.
• Experience and knowledge of application virtualisation technologies, such as Microsoft App-V, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and AppSense will be advantageous.
• Experience and knowledge of hypervisor technologies.
• Powershell scripting.
• Holder of relevant industry recognised qualifications.
• Understanding of ITIL principles.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.