Test Automation Engineer, Back Office
Position Ref: TAEBO0419BW
May 3, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Back Office Trading Tools team is looking for a Test Automation Engineer to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Back Office team is responsible for Trading applications, and your role will be to support back office development and test teams by helping to provide solutions which replace manual testing with automated processes. The tools, apps and services used are back end, data focused and as such require someone with relevant experience.
• Using tools which cut down repetitive testing and development tasks, providing solutions that are useful to both development and test teams.
• Liaising with test teams and development managers to ensure work reflects the greatest areas of need for the business.
• Creating test automation frameworks using C#.
• Developing appropriate test automation tooling, applying the latest techniques in test automation.
• Using risk driven techniques.
• Working with development and test teams to capture and re use automated unit test cases, stubs, drivers and other development test objects.
• Working with development and test teams to create and maintain an automated nightly and regression test pack.
• Ensuring proper traceability, version control and configuration management of all test objects developed.
• Reporting progress and providing any test metrics or reports required to the Test Manager/Lead.
• Accurately and comprehensively recording defects discovered during execution of test cases.
• Preparing test data and test estimates.
• Developing utility applications to suit enterprise needs.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Basic programming or technical data interrogation (OOP).
• Perform well under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
• Proactive and organised self starter with excellent communication skills, who is motivated to get the job done and flexible in their approach.
• Ability to display evidence of good technical aptitude.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience of Visual Studio.
• Test automation experience, e.g. Selenium or any driver used in the .Net stack.
• Relevant sector knowledge.
• Keen interest or understanding of a range of sports, particularly Soccer, Tennis and Basketball.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference TAEBO0419BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.