Systems Technical Lead
Position Ref: STL0718BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
August 17, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 19 languages.
The Systems team is looking for a Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at either our offices based in Manchester or Stoke.
As a Systems Technical Lead you will be taking the next step in your career while retaining a hands on technical position. You will be expected to assist and support the Systems Managers alongside the Systems Team Leaders in the successful delivery of technology by providing technical solutions and technical governance.
You will be required to demonstrate an in depth understanding of key technical elements of the existing platform and take ownership of new solutions being developed within the teams. You will be responsible for the overall solution produced whilst working closely with Infrastructure Architects and Technical Leads from other domains to ensure designs are in line with the broader holistic Infrastructure architecture.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, performant Infrastructure utilising agreed technology.
• Understanding functional, technical and business requirements at a detailed level, as well as producing technical solutions that are fit for purpose.
• Owning technical solutions from POC to implementation.
• Applying active governance around overall design, quality and technical standards.
• Actively communicating on technical issues and solutions both within the team and outside, as well as to external parties where required.
Skills and Attributes:
• Previous infrastructure design experience.
• Previous experience in a senior technical role (technical team lead, principal engineer) with broad cross domain technology exposure at scale.
• Experience of automating infrastructure and infrastructure solutions at scale.
• Experience of OSS tooling and integrations.
• Demonstrable in depth knowledge of modern compute and storage technology stacks.
• Delivery focused.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference STL0718BW to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.