Systems Development Manager – Forensics
Position Ref: SDMAN0519BW
June 14, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Forensics team is looking for a Systems Development Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Forensics team sits within the bet365 Sports development team. The purpose of the Forensics team is to provide systematic and ad hoc forensic data analysis. The team develops and supports systems which provide deep insight into site usage using innovative data analytic tools and approaches.
You will have an opportunity to enhance your current skillset to the next level gaining strong consulting and business experience whilst developing your ability to manage work streams, projects and ongoing support. You will be allowed to leave your impression on the team and shape it as you believe best meets the business needs.
Team and people management will be at the heart of effective project delivery and maintaining system performance. A skillset of technical and theoretical expertise will give you the opportunity to share your knowledge for the greater team success and personal development.
• Managing the team responsible for designing and carrying out end to end testing of transaction monitoring systems, including documentation review, data quality, integrity testing, rules, segmentation and threshold testing.
• Recruiting, developing and mentoring staff encompassing all areas of people management.
• Balancing quality of service, timeliness and cost when delivering a project.
• Assisting with scoping, managing delivery risk, production and initial review of deliverables with the business teams.
• Ensuring the business is able to balance and manage reactive and proactive data analysis of large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
• Performing data quality reviews, manipulating and cleaning large data tables to ensure that data meets standards and objectives.
• Responsibility for the production and review of deliverables.
• Providing high level quality control feedback and reviews of your team’s work and maintain best practice.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
You will fully utilise your people management, data analysis and data management skills in this role. Strong technical skills are essential, as you will be required to work developing solutions as part of an integrated multi disciplinary team.
• Leading multi disciplinary teams and projects.
• Commercial experience in transaction monitoring projects specifically analysing customer segments and thresholds from a statistical perspective.
• Understanding of transaction monitoring systems and procedures (models and rules selections, segmentations analysis, threshold and score setting).
• Knowledge of control systems and feedback loops.
• Ability to resolve data strategy issues concerning quality, consistency and growth across client databases.
• Data management experience in data governance, data standards documentation, master data management, data quality and data integration.
• Commercial experience within a managerial/leadership position.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to explain complex technical analysis to a non technical audience.
• Tenacious problem solving attitude.
• Drive, curiosity and commitment to the need to grow, rather than maintain.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Knowledge of statistical techniques and analysis, such as regression, clustering, sampling, social network analysis.
• Knowledge of machine learning and cognitive computing.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.