Sports Analysis Team Leader
Position Ref: SATL0119BW
February 22, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Analysis team is looking for a Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Staffordshire.
The Sports Analysis team is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the mathematical models used by the trading tools. You will be joining an innovative group of analysts and this is an exciting opportunity to link a general passion for sport with your analytical and technical skills in taking a lead role within the team.
• Leading a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Gaining and maintaining a good understanding of the logic, pricing algorithms and technical solutions that the team are responsible for.
• Instilling quality as a default requirement throughout all aspects of the team and process.
• Planning and tracking progress of work as prioritised by the business.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Promoting the goals of the department, driving a culture of ownership, understanding, learning, continuous improvement and success.
• Portraying the values of bet365 through all activities that are carried out.
• Acting as point of contact for other teams within the department and the business.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Providing input to analyst appraisals and other performance feedback.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Degree in a mathematical or computer science based discipline.
• Commercial experience in a senior, lead or management role.
• Delivery and results focused.
• Excellent understanding of probability and statistics.
• Keen interest in a wide range of sports and the online gaming industry.
• Experience with sports betting models.
• Experience with technologies such as VB.NET, C#, SQL, VB6, Excel, VBA.
• Jira Issue Management.
• Solid understanding of Windows and Office applications.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Reflective and adaptable leader.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to the successful applicant.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.