Software Testing Team Leader – Sports
Position Ref: STTL0219BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
March 22, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Testing team is looking for a Software Testing Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be helping with the development and governance of a team of Software Testers working across a suite of products and applications including a global website and mobile platform as well as adopting some line management duties to help with the running of this large and growing team. A flexible and hands on approach is required.
• Applying active governance around quality, rules, standards and processes for a large team of Software Testers.
• Understanding the active work requirements of the team.
• Guiding, coaching and mentoring team members.
• Working closely with the Project Test Leads ensuring governance is being applied appropriately.
• Understanding the efforts on resource and time, and assessing impacts and risks in delivering work items across the team.
• Being an active communicator both within the team and outside of the team, attending and contributing to various interdepartmental meetings.
• Liaising and facilitating successful relationships within the development teams and at times the operational functions.
• Ensuring regulatory and PCI standards are adhered to across the testing phase.
• Availing yourself for team members to assist with any issues.
• Assisting in appraisal reviews.
• Assisting in administration responsibilities of the team.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong team management background.
• Coaching and mentoring staff at various skill sets.
• Experience of leading teams of various sizes.
• Ability to settle into a new environment quickly.
• Willingness to share knowledge, experience and techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Ability to think in a pressured environment and react quickly to pressured situations.
• Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
• Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
• Delivery focus.
• Self motivation.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Software testing experience.
• Knowledge and experience of the Gambling industry.
• Awareness of the sporting calendar.
• Experience of working with automated testing tools.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.