Software Testing Team Leader – Members and Gaming
Position Ref: STTLMG0619BW
August 2, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Members and Gaming team is looking for a Software Testing Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Reporting to the Testing Manager you will be required to assist in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused testing team. Liaising with Product Managers, Development Managers and Development Team Leaders across a suite of products and applications including a global website and mobile platform, a flexible, proactive and hands on approach is required in this fast paced, high output department.
• Planning, organising and reporting on testing phase of projects and support packages effectively communicating and escalating where appropriate.
• Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood to a detailed level.
• Taking ownership of work estimation, ensuring accurate portrayals of effort can be obtained and subsequently delivered on.
• Applying active governance around quality, rules, standards and processes within the team.
• Ensuring regulatory and PCI standards are adhered to across the testing phase.
• Understanding the efforts on both resource and time and assess impacts and risks in delivery of the work stacks within the team.
• Actively communicating both within and outside the team, attending and contributing to various interdepartmental meetings.
• Liaising and facilitating successful relationships within the development teams and at times the operational functions.
• Conducting a mentoring and coaching role to other team members to assist with their development.
• Being open and available for team members to assist in issues they may have.
• Assisting in appraisal reviews.
• Assisting in administration responsibilities of the team.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong team/project lead experience
• Strong background in software testing
• Commercial experience of leading large and diverse testing teams and projects
• Experience of testing large scale websites
• Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity shifting focus regularly.
• Ability to think in a pressured environment and react quickly to pressured situations.
• Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work
• Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
• Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
• Delivery focused.
• Self motivation.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Experience of payments testing
• Knowledge and experience of the gambling industry.
• Implementing and working with automated testing tools
• Working with third party test companies
• Experience of mobile, tablet and app testing
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference STTLMG0619BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.