Software Tester – Sports
Position Ref: STS1019BW
October 30, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Software Testing – Sports team is looking for a Software Tester to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be required to test enhancements and changes to the Company’s software applications to the highest levels of quality and accuracy.
Testing will be performed on internal back office systems as well as across websites and mobile technologies. A flexible, motivated and proactive approach is required to handle the varied projects being developed across a number of products.
Your role will be within a project team delivering changes to the Sports product (customer facing sites as well as internal Trading Tools).
• Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood.
• Actively participating in daily stand ups.
• Producing test documentation (test plans, test approach documents and test scripts) to agreed standard.
• Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales.
• Identifying and carrying out regression testing where appropriate.
• Identifying and assisting with automation testing where appropriate.
• Reporting defects accurately and managing through to successful resolution via Jira.
• Reporting testing progress to the project team communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate.
• Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for us within the test team.
• Assisting with any function queries that may arise from business users following releases.
• Liaising with Subject Matter Experts to continually develop product knowledge.
• Contributing to Continuous Improvement.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial software testing experience which should include web and mobile testing.
• Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
• Testing large scale, global websites.
• Good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
• Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
• Ability to work within a team and also individually on own initiative.
• Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
• High attention to detail.
• Proactive approach to own personal development.
• Experience of SQL.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Understanding of Jira.
• Understanding of SQL
• Interest in the gambling industry.
• Keen interest in sports.
• Experience of working with automated testing tools.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference STS1019BW to Technology.RecruitmentMailbox@bet365.com. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.