Software Product Development Manager – Sports
Position Ref: SPDMS0919BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
October 24, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Product Development – Sports team is looking for a Software Product Development Manager to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
Working as part of the Software Development department you will play a key role in the delivery of software enhancements to the bet365 Sports sites.
Taking ownership of projects and small work items, you will be working closely with Operations and Trading teams to ensure the Sports platform is developed in line with business requirements and provide a clear product direction for developers.
There will be a significant regulatory focus to the changes being managed within this role.
• Reviewing changes for the various regulatory territories which bet365 operate in.
• Working with Analysts, Compliance teams and Operations teams to determine the changes required to the technical implementation of the bet365 platform.
• Producing detailed requirement documents outlining the scope of changes to be implemented by the Sports development teams.
• Carrying out competitor analysis across the territories to maintain market place awareness.
• Reviewing wider industry and technology changes to ensure that the sports sites make use of the latest technology advancements.
• Working closely with internal teams across bet365 to ensure business priorities are reflected in the requirements back to development.
• Working with third parties on new integrations.
• Reporting to the Head of Software Product Development – Sports n progress for key projects.
Essential Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Strong understanding of web based and mobile technologies with experience of working with all members of the project lifecycle, i.e. Analysts, Developers, Testers and Project Managers.
• Working with UI/UX Designers to shape product requirements.
• Experience of working with Sports feed providers.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Sound product management skills (analytical, business judgement, communication and product discipline) in addition to technical awareness.
• Ability to handle a fast pace of change and manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
• Work independently and be a strategic thinker.
• Communicate and interact with staff at all levels.
• Manage multiple work items.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Keen interest in sports.
• Relevant commercial experience within Sports betting, ideally in e-commerce.
• Previous experience of working in a product management or product owner role.
• Knowledge of Jira Issue Management tools.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role, then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SPDMS0919BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.