Software Development Technical Lead, Web Members
Position Ref: SDTLWM1218BW
January 25, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Web Members team is looking a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Web Members area of the bet365 website deals with user registration, authentication, payments and account management. A set of responsibilities made increasingly complex due to the global and highly regulated nature of the business
The team owns the full stack of each of the Web Members applications and services, incorporating change within an ongoing stream of customer, regulatory and technology improvements. All of this must be completed at pace in tandem with a full scale re platforming exercise which is taking place across the Members estate. Pragmatism and a focus on delivery for the business are paramount to the team’s continued success.
You will have the experience and skills required to play your part in leading a team to deliver complex change to existing solutions while also enabling the creation of an efficient and scalable enterprise class solution.
With a strong background in software development you will combine practical development skills with an ability to devise solutions to business problems and lead developers in the implementation. You will thrive in a fast moving and technologically innovative environment and provide technical leadership to a team of technology professionals. Alongside this you will recognise that maintaining and improving large scale re platforming programmes carries complexities and interdependencies that go beyond the simple rewrites of isolated software applications and you will welcome this challenge as a necessary component of delivery of the new platform and maintenance of the existing business.
• Ensuring you have an excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Applying active governance around overall solution implementation, code quality and coding standards within the team.
• Working with Architects, Development Managers and other colleagues in order to design and deliver technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department.
• Driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems.
• Taking responsibility alongside the Software Development Team Lead for work estimation within the team as well as producing solution documents and estimates as required.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Contributing in a ’hands on’ capacity when required to help deliver complex aspects of the platform.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• .Net framework – C#, MVC, VB.NET, WebForms
• Relational databases, e.g. SQL Server
• Object oriented frameworks
• Microsoft stack
• Distributed systems architecture
• High throughput, low latency systems
• Highly available/multiple data centre systems
• Appreciation of SOLID/clean coding principles
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• NoSQL databases, e.g. Riak
• Container/Cloud based platforms
• Functional programming
• Linux OS
• Functional/Immutable data models
• Appreciation of creating testable code
• Load and performance testing
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLWM1218BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.