Software Development Technical Lead, Web Members
Position Ref: SDTLWMM0119BW
February 13, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Web Members team is looking a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Manchester.
The Web Members area of the bet365 website deals with user registration, authentication, payments and account management. A set of responsibilities made increasingly complex due to the global and highly regulated nature of the business.
The team in Manchester will be focused on an ongoing rewrite and re platform of the Members estate. This is a far reaching programme of work that will focus initially on the Web UI, but will then cover the service layer, aspects of the data tier and incorporation into the back office applications and processes. The re platforming will be completed alongside a consistent stream of change to the existing platform and this carries an additional challenge which will need to be catered for by the team.
You will have the experience and skills required to play your part in leading a team to deliver an efficient and scalable, enterprise class solution. With a strong background in software development you will combine practical development in a fast moving and technologically innovative environment and provide technical leadership to a team of skilled technology professionals. Alongside this you will recognise that large scale re platforming programmes carry complexities and interdependencies that go beyond the simple rewrites of isolated software applications and you will welcome this challenge as a necessary component of delivery of the new platform.
• Ensuring you have an excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Applying active governance around overall solution implementation, code quality and coding standards within the team.
• Working with Architects, Development Managers and other colleagues in order to design and deliver technology solutions that solve business problems in line with the technical strategy of the department.
• Driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems.
• Taking responsibility alongside the Software Development Team Lead for work estimation within the team as well as producing solution documents and estimates as required.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Contributing in a ‘hands on’ capacity when required to help deliver complex aspects of the platform.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• .Net framework – C#, MVC.
• Relational databases e.g. SQL Server.
• Object oriented frameworks.
• Microsoft stack.
• Distributed systems architecture.
• High throughput, low latency systems.
• Highly available/multiple data centre systems.
• Appreciation of SOLID/clean coding principles.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• NoSQL databases e.g. Riak.
• Container/Cloud based platforms.
• Functional programming.
• Linux OS.
• Functional/Immutable data models.
• Appreciation of creating testable code.
• Load and performance testing.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.