Software Development Technical Lead, Sports Content
Position Ref: SDTLSC0719BW
July 31, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Content team within Software Development is seeking a smart, ambitious and committed Software Development Technical Lead to work at our offices based in Manchester.
The Sports Content team is responsible for the highly important Affiliates systems and various content management systems across the business.
As a Technical Lead you will be passionate about technology, delivering quality and mentoring and coaching software developers to further enhance their skillset.
You will be assisting and supporting the Systems Development Manager alongside the Team Leader in the successful delivery of software by providing technical solutions and technical governance for the development team. You will need to demonstrate an in depth technical understanding of existing systems and take ownership of new solutions being developed by taking responsibility for the overall solution and code quality produced.
If you are a leader who wants to stay close to technology and influence solutions whilst guiding developers then this role is for you.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems.
• Applying active governance around overall solution design, code quality and coding standards with the team.
• Ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
• Taking responsibility, alongside the Team Leader, of work estimation within the team, producing solution documents and ROMs.
• Owning technical solutions from development to live at a micro level.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• In depth, excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Extensive commercial experience in Microsoft .NET (C#, ASP.NET, MVC).
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL Server).
• Commercial experience within web development, preferably HTML5 and CSS 3.
• Experience as Senior/Technical Lead of software development projects in a hands on capacity.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Experience of agile practices.
• Git version control.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Content management systems.
• Knowledge of Typescript.
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
• Jira Issue Management.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment within an on call development function.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.