Software Development Technical Lead, Sports Analysis
Position Ref: SDTECHL1118BW
January 2, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Analysis team is looking for a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Analysis team is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the mathematical models used by the trading tools and this is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role within the team.
• Providing technical leadership for the team.
• Creating end to end technical solutions and working alongside other teams where necessary.
• Working closely with members of the team to help them implement the correct technical solutions through coaching and mentoring.
• Gaining and maintaining a good understanding of the business logic and mathematical algorithms that the team are responsible for.
• Analysing the impact of change to technical solutions.
• Instilling quality as a default requirement throughout all aspects of the team and process.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• A degree in Computer Science discipline or relevant professional experience.
• Extensive commercial experience in Microsoft .NET.
• Experience of working in a variety of programming languages.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience.
• Working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Experience as a senior/technical lead of software development projects in a hands on capacity.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Good understanding of probability and statistics.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
• Self motivator and delivery focused.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Jira Issue Management
• Git Source Control
• Go (Golang) programming
• A keen interest in sports and the online gaming industry.
• Experience with sports betting models
The closing date for applications is 2nd January 2019
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTECHL1118BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.