Software Development Technical Lead, Sports Analysis
Position Ref: SDTLSA0219BW
Staffordshire, Central Manchester
March 22, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Analysis team is looking for a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Analysis team is responsible for designing, creating and maintaining the mathematical models used by the trading tools and this is an exciting opportunity to take a lead role within the team.
• Providing technical leadership for the team.
• Creating end to end technical solutions and working alongside other teams where necessary.
• Working closely with members of the team to help them implement the correct technical solutions through coaching and mentoring.
• Gaining and maintaining a good understanding of the business logic and mathematical algorithms that the team are responsible for.
• Analysing the impact of change to technical solutions.
• Instilling quality as a default requirement throughout all aspects of the team and process.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• A degree in Computer Science discipline or relevant professional experience.
• Extensive commercial experience in Microsoft .NET.
• Experience of working in a variety of programming languages.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience.
• Working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Experience as a senior/technical lead of software development projects in a hands on capacity.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
• Good understanding of probability and statistics.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Committed, flexible, can do attitude towards work.
• Self motivation with delivery focus.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Jira Issue Management
• Git Source Control
• Go (Golang) programming
• Keen interest in sports and the online gaming industry.
• Experience with sports betting models
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.