Software Development Technical Lead, Sports
Position Ref: SDTECHLS0919BW
October 2, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Sports team is seeking a smart, ambitious and committed Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports team is responsible for enhancing and supporting the current Sports website, mobile and tablet products. As a Technical Lead you will assist and support the Systems Development Manager alongside the Team Lead in the successful delivery of software by providing solutions and technical governance for the development team.
As a Technical Lead you will work closely with members of the team to help them implement correct, high quality technical solutions.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, performant systems utilising agreed technology.
• Applying active governance around overall solution design, code quality, coding rules and coding standards with the team, reviewing the team’s adherence and output.
• Ensuring solutions meet the needs of the business.
• Taking responsibility alongside the Team Leader for team work estimation, producing solution documents and ROMs, and ultimately ensuring accurate portrayals of effort can be obtained and subsequently delivered upon.
• Having an in depth, excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
• Working with all stake holders, including principal and senior development, to create fit for purpose solutions.
• Owning technical solutions from development to live at micro level.
• Distributing knowledge and mentoring of team members.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience with leading development solutions.
• Ability to work in a pressured environment.
• Commercial ASP.NET experience.
• Ability to show patience in mentoring and coaching staff.
• Commercial experience within web development, preferably HTML5 and CSS 3.
• Good technical documentation skills.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of Typescript (if not Typescript, experience with a strongly typed language such as C#. VB, C++, actionscript).
• Proven track record in high availability multi browser compatible development.
• Previous experience of working with high availability multi user n-tier systems.
• Degree educated in Computer Science or relevant discipline, or relevant professional experience.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Mobile technologies
• Service Orientated Architecture
• Scrum of experience of working in an agile environment
• MS SQL Server experience
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTECHLS0919BW to email@example.com. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.