Software Development Technical Lead – Gaming
Position Ref: SDTCHLBUL0519BW
July 1, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation employing over 4,300 people and deliver an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
We are passionate about our brand, our product, customers and employees and want to meet highly motivated individuals who share our vision and passion.
We are looking for a Software Development Technical Lead to join the expanding Gaming Development team at our offices based in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The specific focus of this role is on the Gaming area of the bet365 website which is responsible for Casino, Poker, Slots, Games, Bingo and Vegas products across the desktop and mobile platforms. The primary technology stack is Microsoft, specifically the .NET Framework and SQL Server, however other commercial and open source technologies and tools play a crucial role.
The ideal candidate will have the experience and talent required to deliver efficient, scalable, enterprise class software solutions. With a strong background in software development you will combine practical development skills with ability to devise solutions to business problems and lead developers in the implementation. You will thrive in a fast moving and technologically innovative environment and provide technological and architectural leadership to a team of skilled technology professionals. You will enjoy working closely with others and be able to share your own skills and experience as well as effectively capitalise on those of your peers.
• Understanding functional and technical requirements at a detailed level, and producing technical solutions for work items allocated to their team or shared amongst several teams.
• Ensuring solutions are fully understood by those implementing the solution and those signing it off.
• Producing key technical documentation.
• Being a point of escalation for technical issues within the team, making sure they are open and available to assist the team, taking ownership of issues raised to them.
• Carrying out a mentoring and coaching role to other team members in order to assist in their technical development, imparting knowledge and technical understanding.
• Taking responsibility for work estimation within the team alongside team leads, producing solution documents and ultimately ensuring accurate portrayals of effort can be obtained and subsequently delivered upon.
• Ensuring technical quality of the deliverable.
• Producing proof of concept solutions to assist in mitigating risk in larger projects and programmes of work.
• Understanding the technologies used by the team, contributing suggestions or proposals for the addition of new technologies where applicable for the business requirement.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Extensive software development experience as a Technical Team Lead, Lead Developer or Architect, specifically in technologies and practices such as:
- C# .NET.
- MVC Framework, ASP.NET and Ajax.
- Software design and architectural principles (SOA, GoF, etc.…).
- Enterprise web development principles and practises.
- SQL Server and other RDBMS.
- XML, XSL.
• Excellent understanding of security best practices in software development.
• Experience of designing and developing and continuously improving high availability, multiuser, n-tier, distributed systems.
• Experience working with IT Operations and Infrastructure teams to introduce change to the live estate.
• Proven ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to others.
• Excellent understanding of unit testing concepts and frameworks dependency mocking.
• Experience creating software development standards and QA processes.
• Excellent understanding of software version control concepts and tools.
• Excellent understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) concepts and tools.
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non technical audiences.
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
• Experience working within regulated processes.
• Experience of a fast paced working environment.
• Experience of NoSQL/Schema less DBMS.
• Experience of distributed service design and development (REST, SOAP, PoX).
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.