Software Development Technical Lead, Customer Messaging
Position Ref: SDTLCM0719BW
July 31, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 19 languages.
The Customer Messaging team is looking for a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Customer Messaging team is responsible for building and maintaining systems that handle customer communication, from email to real time live chat.
As a Technical Lead, you will be passionate about technology, delivering quality and mentoring/coaching software engineers to further develop their skillset.
You will be assisting and supporting the Development Manager alongside the Team Leader in the successful delivery of software by providing technical solutions and technical governance for the development team. You will need to demonstrate an in depth technical understanding of existing systems and take ownership of new solutions being developed by taking responsibility for the overall solution and code quality produced.
If you are a leader who wants to stay close to technology and influence solutions whilst guiding developers, then this is the role for you.
You will be joining a team of bright and enthusiastic technologists who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge with the opportunity to help us to continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, and performant systems.
• Believing and being involved in the continuous improvement of the team.
• Critically reviewing code and ensuring this skill is improved on across the team.
• Ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
• Taking responsibility alongside the Team Leader of work estimations within the team, producing solution documents and ROM’s.
• Having an in depth and excellent understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for and how those systems are configured in the development and production estate.
• Owning technical solutions from development to production.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Extensive experience with a server side programming language.
• Git version control.
• Experience as a Senior/Technical Lead of software development projects in a hands on capacity.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Good knowledge of pipeline based CI systems.
• Go programming language.
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Experience of working on Linux.
• Degree qualified in Computer Science (or relevant discipline).
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.