Software Development Technical Lead, Sports Back Office
Position Ref: SDTLSBO0219BW
March 8, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports Back Office team is looking for a Software Development Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Back Office team is responsible for the Trading applications, as well as enhancing and supporting a diverse suite of applications that are core to the operating and trading of the bet365 sports systems.
As a technical lead, you will be passionate about technology, delivering quality and mentoring/coaching software engineers to further develop their skillset.
You will be assisting and supporting the Development Manager alongside the team leaders in the successful delivery of software by providing technical solutions and technical governance for the development team. You will need to demonstrate an in depth technical understanding of existing systems and take ownership of new solutions being developed by taking responsibility for the overall solution and code quality produced.
If you are a leader who wants to stay close to technology and influence solutions whilst guiding developers, then this is the role for you.
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Extensive commercial experience in Microsoft .Net.
• Extensive commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL Server).
• Working with distributed or concurrent, multi tiered applications.
• Experience as a senior/technical lead of software development projects in a hands-on capacity.
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on a technical level.
• Experience of agile practices.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree qualified in Computer Science or other relevant discipline/Microsoft Certified.
• Jira Issue Management.
• AccuRev version control.
• Exposure to No SQL technologies and message orientated design.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• Experience of the online gaming industry.
• A keen interest in sport.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.