Software Development Team Leader, Sports
Position Ref: SDTLS0119BW
February 8, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Sports team is seeking a smart, ambitious and committed Software Development Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports team is responsible for enhancing and supporting the current Sports website, mobile and tablet products. As a Team Leader you will support the Systems Development Manager in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team. You will be required to retain a good technical understanding of our systems and remain close to the solution being developed.
• Assisting in driving the provision of capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Enforcing the government around quality, rules, standards and processes within the team.
• Ensuring the solution meet the needs of the business.
• Ensuring the development process is conducted in a timely fashion.
• Actively planning and tracking works as prioritised by the product, project and development management.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to delivery.
• Working through dependencies.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Inputting in developers’ appraisals and other performance feedback.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience with leading development teams.
• Commercial ASP.NET experience.
• Commercial experience within web development, preferable HTML5 and CSS 3.
• Knowledge of Typescipt (if not Typescript, experience with a strongly typed language such as C#, VB, C++, actionscript).
• Proven track record in high availability multi browser compatible development.
• Previous experience of working with high availability multi user n-tier systems.
• Degree educated in Computer Science (or relevant discipline) or relevant professional experience.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Mobile technologies.
• Performance testing.
• Service Orientated Architecture.
• Scrum or experience of working in an agile environment.
• MS SQL Server experience.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLS01198BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.