Software Development Team Leader, Sports
Position Ref: SDTLSPO0919BW
October 2, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages.
The Sports team is seeking a smart, ambitious and committed Software Development Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports team is responsible for enhancing and supporting the current Sports website, mobile and tablet products. As a Team Leader you will support the Systems Development Manager in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team. You will be required to retain a good technical understanding of our systems and remain close to the solution being developed.
• Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Enforcing governance of quality, rules, standards and processes ensuring solutions meet business needs.
• Ensuring the development process is conducted in a timely fashion.
• Actively planning and tracking works as prioritised by the product, project and development management.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to delivery.
• Working through dependencies.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Inputting in developers’ appraisals and other performance feedback.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience with leading development teams in the delivery of high quality software applications.
• Commercial experience in client or service side application development.
• Passionate about working with Technology and Software Development processes and practices.
• Adaptable with ability to lead from the front to ensure the best outcome for the business.
• Degree educated in Computer Science (or relevant discipline) or relevant professional experience.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Mobile technologies.
• Performance testing.
• Service orientated architecture.
• Exposure to multiple software development methodologies.
• Experience in working with Linux based development environments.
• Typescript and/or C#.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLSPO0919BW to email@example.com. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services 2018) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.