Software Development Team Leader, Forensics
Position Ref: SDTLF0618BW
June 29, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Forensics team is looking for a Software Development Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family at our offices based in Staffordshire.
The Forensics team is responsible for providing systematic and ad hoc forensic data analysis. You will be responsible for a team developing and supporting systems which provide deep insight into site usage using innovative data analytic tools and approaches.
• Leading day to day development activity within an agile team.
• Enforcing governance around quality, standards, and processes within the team.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, the domain and architecture of the systems the team is responsible for.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to weekly sprint delivery.
• Improving team efficiency.
• Helping with weekly sprint planning and backlog prioritising.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Providing input to Developers appraisals and other performance feedback.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Previously lead multi disciplinary teams and complex software projects.
• Scrum methodology and managing projects in Jira.
• Working on large scale Java or Go development projects.
• Knowledge of database development and asynchronous messaging systems.
• Good LINUX and GNU utilities.
• Strong analytical skills.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Functional programming.
• Esper EPL.
• Basic Neural Networks and Machine Learning.
Apply For This Job
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLF0618BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.