Software Development Team Leader, Customer Messaging
Position Ref: SDTLCM1118BW
December 14, 2018
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Customer Messaging team is seeking an experienced, talented and committed Software Development Team Leader to work at our offices based in Central Manchester.
The Customer Messaging team is responsible for building and maintaining systems that handle customer communication, from email to real time live chat.
As a Team Leader you will support the Software Development Manager in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team. You will also be required to retain a good technical understanding of our systems and to remain close to the solution being developed.
You will be joining a team of bright and enthusiastic technologists who have a desire to learn and thrive on a challenge with the opportunity to help us continue to move forward and lead the way in this exciting industry.
• Assisting in driving the provision of a capable, reactive, motivated and delivery focused team.
• Enforcing governance around quality, rules, standards and process within the team.
• Ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business.
• Ensuring the development process is conducted in a timely fashion.
• Aiming to limit repeated steps with the development process.
• Planning and tracking work as prioritised by the product, project and development management.
• Gaining a good understanding of the technical structure, domain and architecture of the systems the team are responsible for.
• Identifying and mitigating risk.
• Removing blockers to delivery.
• Working through dependencies.
• Analysing the impact of change.
• Mentoring members of the team and ensuring distribution of knowledge.
• Providing appraisals and other performance feedback to developers.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Extensive commercial development experience.
• Proven track record in leading teams to deliver high quality solutions.
• Excellent communication and team working skills.
• Strong technical background.
• Strong academic background.
• Ability to multi task and manage multiple streams of activity, shifting focus regularly.
• Delivery focused.
• Problem solving ability.
• Self motivation.
• Proactive and willing to contribute ideas.
• High standards of work and attention to detail.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
• Experience of working on Linux.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.