Software Development Team Leader, Back Office Members
Position Ref: SDTLBOM0419BW
May 24, 2019
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 35 million customers in 19 languages.
The Back Office Members team is looking for a driven and passionate Software Development Team Leader to help continue to shape the development team and their processes.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has made the transition from coding as a full time role and is looking to build a career in technical management. You will have the drive and charisma to take full advantage of this chance to positively influence the attitude and passion of the team.
The Back Office Members team is responsible for the development of back office applications and systems that support a wide range of business processes. As a Team Leader you would be expected to support the Systems Development Manager in the delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team.
• Ensuring timely provision of agreed deliverables throughout the SDLC by understanding both business and technical requirements.
• Working alongside Technical Leads and Architects to determine the most suitable technical solution.
• Scheduling and planning development resource according to business needs.
• Clear and regular tracking and reporting of progress.
• Mitigating risk and resolving blockers throughout the work.
• Collaborating with other teams within the business as required.
• Leading by example.
• Understanding and enforcing governance of best practises.
• Recognising team members’ strengths and mentoring them to encourage and support continuous improvement.
• Chairing team meetings, team 1-2-1 sessions and feeding in to team appraisals.
• Assisting in the administration responsibilities of the team as reasonably directed by your line manager.
Required Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Forward thinking and ability to challenge the norm.
• Ability to work proactively in a reactive environment.
• Passion for software development and creating efficient processes and best practises.
• Self motivated with a strong drive to succeed.
• Capable of handling large workloads with rapid context switching.
• Strong appreciation of the importance of knowledge sharing and mentoring.
• Commercial experience leading a development team.
• Commercial experience with n-tier architecture and relational databases.
• Using source control across multiple developers and work streams.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Commercial experience with large scale architecture.
• Service orientated architecture.
• MS SQL
• NoSQL experience such as Riak
• Jira Software
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.