Software Development Team Leader
Position Ref: SDTL0719BW
July 31, 2019
What to expect
Within the technology teams at bet365 we create and deliver the full end to end suite of products and services used to serve the one of the world’s number one online sports betting site to our 45 million customers worldwide. Our cutting edge solutions and architecture allow us to challenge, thrive and lead in a highly competitive and fast moving market.
We are currently looking for a Software Development Team Leader to join our Sports team based in central Manchester. You will have the opportunity to work on the Company’s flagship sports product, enhancing our current product offering with innovative new features. This is an exciting time as we continue to grow based on the constant success of our product and new opportunities in emerging markets. Starting with a small team group of talented developers you will grow and establish your own team following agile practices to develop high quality scalable solutions. With a solid foundation in software development and delivery your technical knowledge, people management skills and passion for continuous improvement will be invaluable to the success of your team.
Who we are looking For
As a Software Development Team Leader, you have the aptitude to gain a good understanding of bet365’s technical structure, domain and architecture which will enable you to mentor and lead a team of developers that deliver stable, high quality software.
You will have a technical background, be able to contribute to planning and design discussions, and be passionate about building teams and practices that scale. You can motivate and instil a strong sense of ownership and pride in your team. You know and care about software development standards and methodologies whilst recognising what is required to make your team shine and make a real difference to the business.
Skills and Experiences
• Experience working with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies
• Ability to clearly communicate technical matters to technical and non technical people alike
• Experience leading a team of developers
• Proactivity, self motivation and willingness to contribute ideas
• Demonstrable progression in a technical capability throughout your career
• Experience collaborating with designers, product managers and other stakeholders within a development function.
• Excellent software engineering aptitude and ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance
• Passion for problem solving, investigating problems and figuring out the appropriate fix
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to motivate people and instil ownership, reliability, teamwork and commitment
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing software design patterns
• Working knowledge of source control management tools and flows
• Experience with unit and/or integration test frameworks
Nice to haves
• Experience working within a large scale development function
• Experience working with Linux
• Experience building and integrating REST APIs
We like to reward your effort
You will have access to our Cycle to Work scheme and gym membership. If your commute to work is too far to cycle we can offer an interest free loan for public transport season tickets to help make the commute more affordable.
We recognise how important family can be and, to help you achieve a good work life balance, we offer maternity/paternity benefits, tax free childcare scheme and gifts for special family occasions. You will receive holidays appropriate to your role plus additional bank holidays, life assurance cover and income protection. We are aware that one day you will be looking to retire, so we also offer matching pension contributions.
We know how to have fun but we also know how to work hard, and your hard work will be rewarded through a bonus scheme specific to your role.
We are conscious at how fast the world is now moving and, more than ever, we need to ensure we are the best we can be. Therefore, so we have invested in an onsite training and development team to make sure we are always at the top of our game. We will also give you a personal Pluralsight account for you to build upon your technical skills at your own pace.
Apply For This Job
This position is no longer open.
Please view our current vacancies.